San Luis, Arizona – This morning at 9:36 a.m. Mayor Gerardo Sanchez signed a proclamation implementing Arizona Governor Doug Ducey’s Executive Order 2020-09 Limiting the Operation of Certain Businesses to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This will go into effect as of today, March 20, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
Governor Doug Ducey’s Executive Order 2020-09 closes all bars, movie theaters, gyms, fitness centers, and states all restaurants serve the public only through pick-up, delivery, or drive-thru operations. Restaurants that sell liquor may still sell liquor for consumption off-premises in sealed containers to those over the age of 21.
The City of San Luis is working alongside Yuma County Health Department, Yuma Regional Medical Center, state and federal agencies to ensure the safety and health of all residents. Currently, in Yuma County, there is only one (1) identified case of COVID-19.
“Changes have been made in the City of San Luis to ensure the safety of our residents,” stated Mayor Gerardo Sanchez. “The City of San Luis is doing everything we can to help our community and everyone in this crisis. Let’s protect our loved ones,” He concluded.
Help prevent the spread by:
- Avoiding close contact with people at risk
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then properly dispose of the tissue in the trash
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Staying at home when you are sick except for getting medical care.
All further updates will be made and posted on the official City of San Luis website at www.sanluisaz.gov/ and on the City of San Luis’ official social media handles (@SanLuisAZGov).
View proclamation and Arizona Governor Doug Ducey’s Executive Order HERE