- Member must be willing to commit to at least a full school year of service and be able to attend up to two meetings a month.
- Must be a resident attending high school in the Yuma Union High School District
- Must be in the 9th-12th grade in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Must be have a willingness to learn and participate in meetings and city events.
The San Luis Youth Council’s mission is to empower young leaders and to develop and cultivate effective leadership skills.
The San Luis Youth Council’s vision is to have their voices heard on what is needed in our community.
San Luis Youth Council meets the first and third Wednesday of the month at San Luis City Hall located at 1090 E. Union Street
Out of the eight members, four will be selected to hold the following chairs:
- Administer the Youth Council with assistance from the adult advisors.
- Prepare the “Youth Council Report.”
- Shall appoint committees when necessary to research issues.
- Should be the official representative of the Youth Council at social events.
- Has the same requirements and knowledge as the president.
- Is able and willing to take over for the president.
- Has an important, specific committee activity assignment.
- Takes attendance and keeps permanent records.
- Takes complete minutes including name of organization, date, and place of meeting, who presided, old and new business, committee reports, motions, and results.
- Keeps accurate, complete records of all money collected and spent.
- Present a clear statement of Youth Council financial status at each meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long are the meetings?
- Meetings tend to be 1 to 2 hours long, determined by the Youth Council’s discussion.
- What is my time commitment?
- Members are expected to dedicate 3 to 5 hours per month to commission-related projects.
- How does one apply?
- To apply go to the official city website www.sanluisaz.gov/youthcouncil and download the application. Applications can be email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at San Luis City Hall located at 1090 E. Union St. San luis, Arizona.
- When do the applications are due?
- Appications open July 19th, 2019 and close on August 15th, 2019.
- How does one know if they get into the Youth Council?
- Email notification will be sent out to memebers the week of August 26th - August 29th regarding the status of application.