The San Luis Youth Council’s mission is to empower young leaders and to develop and cultivate effective leadership skills.
The San Luis Youth Council’s vision is to have their voices heard on what is needed in our community.
The San Luis Youth Council meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at San Luis City Hall located at 1090 E. Union Street.
All meetings date are tentative and may be rescheduled or canceled upon Youth Council determination.
Out of the eight members, four will be selected to hold the following chairs:
- Administer the Youth Council with assistance from the adult advisors.
- Prepare the “Youth Council Report.”
- Shall appoint committees when necessary to research issues.
- Should be the official representative of the Youth Council at social events.
- Has the same requirements and knowledge as the president.
- Is able and willing to take over for the president.
- Has an important, specific committee activity assignment.
- Takes attendance and keeps permanent records.
- Takes complete minutes including name of organization, date, and place of meeting, who presided, old and new business, committee reports, motions, and results.
- Keeps accurate, complete records of all money collected and spent.
- Present a clear statement of Youth Council financial status at each meeting.
- Attending San Luis High School or be a San Luis, Arizona resident enrolled in highschool for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- If you are a San Luis, Arizona resident and attend school outside of San Luis, please keep in mind full participation is needed.
- Must be willingly to learn and participate in meetings and events.
- Must make a minimum of 9-month commitment to the program.
- Assist in identifying essential issues within the youth in San Luis, Arizona.
- Volunteer at community events.
- Become a positive role model.
- Attend a variety of conference throughout the year.
- Provide a voice for youth in an effort to help city leaders better understand the needs and concerns of youth.
- Represent San Luis at public funtions where the Youth Council’s precense is requested.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long are the meetings?
- Meetings tend to be 1 to 2 hours long, determined by the Youth Council’s discussion.
- What is my time commitment?
- Members are expected to dedicate 3 to 5 hours per month to commission-related projects.
- How does one apply?
- To apply go to the official city website www.sanluisaz.gov/youthcouncil and download the application. Applications can be email to email@example.com or dropped off at San Luis City Hall located at 1090 E. Union St. San luis, Arizona.
- When do the applications are due?
- Appications open July 19th, 2019 and close on August 15th, 2019.
- How does one know if they get into the Youth Council?
- Email notification will be sent out to memebers the week of August 26th - August 29th regarding the status of application.