About the City Council
The City of San Luis is governed by a 7-member City Council. The City Council is the administrative, executive, and legislative head of the city. The City Council works to:
- Encourage effective coordination and involvement with community groups and other levels of government
- Ensure long-term financial stability of the city
- Improve public safety
- Increase better transportation and traffic flow in the community on major streets and in neighborhoods
- Maintain the fund balance and service levels to ensure efficient operations
- Make sure that all development in the community meets quality standards
- Promote community involvement among residents
- Provide quality of life options and opportunities in the community
- Strive to make San Luis an attractive opportunity for retail and commercial investments
Additional Information about Agendas & Minutes
The agenda for each regular scheduled council meeting or any special session is available at City Hall at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
The agendas of the meetings are also posted at 3 different locations, which are City Hall, the Police Department and the Fernando Padilla Community Center. Members of the public may be placed on the email list to receive the agenda notifications of meetings. Make a request by calling the City Clerk's Office at 928-341-8520.
Contact City Council
Although the mayor and council members do not keep business hours at City Hall, they are available to meet with concerned citizens to discuss issues of interest. If you would like to schedule an appointment to meet with the Mayor or City Council, please call the City of San Luis at 928-341-8520.